What's new

Without A Trace season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Vivian and Martin almost get canned for covering up the facts of a case, will there be more repurcussions?

Jack's back. Rejected by his wife. Will his staying in NY pull the rug out from under Vivian and her promotion.

Jack and Sam could be a thing of the past as Sam is now exchanging gun clips with Martin.

Danny... what is up with Danny?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Dear CBS/Warner/Bruckheimer,

Time spent on Jack's divorce and custody battles is time not spent on investigating missing persons. It wasn't too bad this week, but please keep it in mind. I know Timothy Busfield is listed as a co-executive producer and would like to get his character some screen time, but that's not what draws me to the show.

Your friend,

Jay

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I hope they add more personal stuff.

The fact the these characters are actual persons with private lifes makes this show IMHO so much better than both CSIs.

I've read somewhere that CSI:NY is going to follow WaTs lead and feature some real characters too.

Nice to see Iyari Limon again - she was the only good thing in Buffy's final season.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not a fan of the CSIs anyway, but this week it was pretty poorly integrated - the stuff with Jack (and Martin & Sam) had nothing to do with the procedural portions of the show, and felt like an (unwelcome) interruption. Compare it to Wednesday's Law & Order episodes, where the introduction of Dennis Farina's character and what appears to be set-up for Elizabeth Rohm's exit was part of the main stories as opposed to a digression.

The case itself was among the more straightforward. Great performance by the actress playing the blind girl, but otherwise one of the weaker cases they've had.

Maybe this will eventually have something to do with missing persons, like Jack's daughter running away from her mother, but Without a Trace's race-against-the-clock manhunts are what makes it special. You can do a story about a couple going through a divorce on any show.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I thought it was a decent premiere. They maybe could have pulled back a little on the 'character' aspects and the story itself wasn't really 'season premiere' calibre.

Regardless, I think this is one of the most consistently good dramas on tv.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
A solid premiere episode, and the last scene with a dejected Jack preparing to ask Vivian for a job was haunting for some reason. I really don't care who's sleeping with whom, but as long as they don't overdo it I can live with it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't see Jack as just a field agent, and when Viv takes him back, heads will butt, and you know something will go down that leads to Martin doing Jack's bidding against Viv's instructions.

Oh yeah,
thumbsup.gif
to Martin closing the deal on Sam. Of course, with Jack back in the picture, facing a divorce, that can't be a fun spot to be in...

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
10/7/04

Looks like Vivian won't be throwing Jack a welcome-back party anytime soon. :frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's a very tough work situation for the entire team, not just Vivian and Jack. Sure, there will be fallout, but I hope not at the expense of the cases. This case seemed to get the short-shrift as the writers worked on transistioning Jack back as the big cheese, and pulling the rug out from under Vivian.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/21/04

Looks like Vivian didn't cop to too much attitude after getting booted from Jack's job in this episode.

The real reason for the baby's death was telegraphed in the middle of the episode with the depressed mother laying on her side nursing her baby. There's a reason why that's the not recommended position for nursing!

Anyhow, so-so episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/28/04

Elizabeth Berkeley shows up as the winner of "American Goddess" (a take-off on all of the extreme makeover shows) who disappears and leaves a mess in her dressing room. Since plastic surgery was part of the case, I will note that I did get a chuckle from Berkeley's recent caps on her front teeth to close the gap between them.

The emotional wreck that was the American Goddess showed a woman still with little in terms of being comfortable with her self and new body/face. It would appear the episode was an indictment on such makeover shows, and that the drastic actions taken by Berkeley's character to regain herself emotionally and physically leads to the Feds to crack the case.

Danny acted really strange at the end of the episode. Wonder what was going on with him. No subplot threads dealing with either Jack's home life or struggle for power between Jack and Vivian made it through in this episode.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
One question, what was the deal with Martin's pink shirt? Pretty tough to intimidate witnesses when you are wearing that :D

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Sorry to digress from this season for a minute, but does anyone know if this episode was ever repeated? I missed it last season and I looked for it all summer and I never saw it listed. It says in the link that it's one of the most requested episodes, so I figure maybe they're holding it back. The reruns air on Saturdays every few weeks, so I'm still keeping a lookout for it there.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
They're starting to show the episodes on TNT, Monday nights. Not sure if they have both seasons. At this rate, Wannabe wouldn't be until the middle of next year though.

I was watching last night's off the Replay, so I didn't know what time it was. The To Be Continued caught me off guard. I hope they don't have Sam getting kidnapped, because they already kinda did that in their last two-parter.

Most interesting development is that Danny now knows about Sam and Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks