What's new

"Without A Trace" S2 announced, could "Everwood" S2 be on the horizon? (1 Viewer)

cameronRJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Cameron
With Warner Bros. announcing "Without A Trace" Season 2 seemingly out of the blue, could "Everwood" Season 2 be on the way?

Both shows were released in September 2004, with slow sales.

Both sets have been put on rebate for a while now down to $28 from the normal $60 a season. They are both even cheaper on Amazon for $8.40 (Without A Trace) and $14 (Everwood).

But two and a half years later, perhaps the units sold have finally reached numbers to warrant a second season?

Just a thought.

Josh_LaF

Agent
Real Name
Josh
When I read the news, I thought the exact same thing. I want the rest of Everwood so badly. Does anyone remember if WAT was brought up in the recent chat with Warner?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yeah, but WAT is still on the air and presumably still popular. That's the difference. Everwood is happily being rerun daily on ABC Family. Warner's probably doesn't want to invest too much money putting out a dead series on dvd. I don't even care anymore; I've been quietly making my own dvds from the reruns. They can put it out themselves or not. As far as I'm concerned they lost a little of my money by not doing it themselves, but so what. I still have it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I don't know about Everwood (I never seen a single episodes)... but I for one am thrilled about Without a Trace... I blind bought Season 1 and would love to get more.

As for if it was mentioned in the last Warner chat... I don't remember for sure... but I believe it was mentioned. And if I remember right it was said no plans at this time... just like Everwood. So who knows... anything is possible.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Yeah, "Without a Trace" was mentioned. Warner Bros. said they had no plans for either series. I hope we'll see "Everwood" continue (and hopefully all of the original music).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
They never said "definitely not" on these two shows. They simply stated that there were no plans for them at the time. They fully know the demand for each. My point above was that since Everwood went off the air, it may be even lower on their radar than before...although the reruns on ABC Family help its case.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Sorry about that... editing error on my part. What I originally wrote was:

Yeah, "Without A Trace" was mentioned. Warner Bros. said they currently had no plans at the moment for either series. I hope we'll also see "Everwood" continue (and hopefully all of the original music).

cameronRJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Cameron
An interesting new development. Amazon has just added a page for Everwood The Complete Second Season.

amazon.com/Everwood-The-Complete-Second-Season/dp/B000LXH3SI/sr=1-3/qid=1167201315/ref=sr_1_3/102-0447327-2194527?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Is this just a mistake, or is there something that Amazon knows that we don't?

LCD22

Screenwriter

It could be though that Amazon has been getting a lot of searches for "Everwood" S2 (especially with new viewers from the ABC Family re-runs), so they put the page up. Or Warner Bros. is really working on the second season DVD. Thanks for the heads-up. I've signed up to be notified. Hopefully, if a further DVD release is coming, that they're keeping the original music. I'm now up to the point where I came into the series (with today's airing of "Fate Accomplis" though I do have five more episodes I haven't seen yet which I'll see eventually).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

This is a page they set up for the second season of the show in case it's ever released. Basically they're putting your name on a list of potential customers they can email if the studio releases it. This is something Amazon does for a number of shows - they've had a page like this for the 1966 Batman series for the past 2 years, and that's nowhere closer to being released.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks