What's new

With Xbox Live and Increased Playtime are you Worried? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
About Burn in on your displays? My Mits 65" has been calibrated by Gregg. Even so I knock down the contrast and brightness a few notches. I Play maybe a couple of hours a night usually but with all the great games recently that has being bumped up to may 3-5 hours. I try to switch games around, even so I had a 4 hour session the other night with MechAssault (that game is damn addicting). Mech assault worries me the most with that HUD that never moves. I've been considering maybe it would be a good Idea to get a Flatscreen Tube display and setup a seperate gaming Rig. But again I really love playing on the Mits with that huge 480P image. I just don't want to ruin my $3000 investments.

What's your thoughts?

David Glenn

Second Unit
I'm not sure if this helps but every few hours I change my video source to an OTA broadcast or DVD for a few minutes and toggle the video source back to my xbox for another few hours of play.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Take a break every few hours. :D I have a Mitsubishi 65" also but my wife makes sure that I don't play games on it too much so I don't worry about burn-in. On Saturday I got booted from playing on the 65" widescreen HDTV with full DD 5.1 to my office where I have a 20" TV. :frowning:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I do the same thing with toggling the broadcast, still not sure if that's enough.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Tim do you have 2 Xbox's or do you carry it around?
I've considered a second XBOX so I could mainly play on my 32" direct View and save the 65" for when friends come to play. No 5.1 audio up there thou. Although I find because of the headset I don't usually blare the Audio thou.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Dave - Just one XBox and 3 sets of connectors. Very easy to just disconnect, pick up the XBox and then take it to the other room and connect it. I just need to get a wireless router and wireless access point so that I can play XBox Live on the 32" upstairs instead of the crappy 20" in my office.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm not concerned at all. I've had sessions longer than I care to admit ;) and don't see any signs of burn-in.
-Dave

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Live! is addicting, but not exactly at EverCrack levels...yet. Once the MMORPGs come out, I pray for all the Xbox Live! widows and children out there :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Think im going to get a Xbox Live and Mech the first week of december when i get some $$. Hopefully ill see you guys online

capt

Joel Smith

Agent
The every night my wife asks how much longer I am going to be playing that damn Ghost Recon game. My general response "one more game sweety".:D Of course 2 hours later she is ripping the headset off my head saying I need to talk to her instead of the game. :angry:

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Joel I feel for you, and my ear shares your ear's pain. I've actually had my wife rip the headset off of my head, turn the TV off and say Bed like she is my mom! Only thing is my mom was never like that

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I've actually had my wife rip the headset off of my head, turn the TV off and say Bed like she is my mom!
LMAO! :D My wife's never done that (yet) but I can just picture it happening. She asks me every night "are you playing that game again?" (talking about DAoC). Now that I have XBox Live also it's a real challenge to find enough gaming time to keep me happy and enough wife time to keep my wife happy. :) It's not easy being a married gamer!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks