What's new

With the shuttle tragedy, will "The Core" openning be pushed back? (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If a movie has as dumb a concept as this one, then I don't need to see it to know I won't like it. I prefer things to make sense (which is why I hated Planet of the Apes 2K1).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
How about waiting to see the film before trashing it? I'm not saying it's gonna be a masterpiece but c'mon! Have any of you guys seen it?
A friend of a friend is a VFX supervisor on the film that has been slogging on it for over a year.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
All this stuff is ridiculous. Yes, Columbia was a tragedy. But we have multiple car wrecks that kill more people on the average of maybe one a month and people don't make that big a deal of that. To go and cut scenes or pull trailers or cancel or delay movies because of various stuff that happens in the world, hell, you could probably find some such silly justification to stop putting out any movie, if you tried hard enough. Too much babying of the population these days. Like a talk show I listen to, the host said he'd never give his kid a toy gun, because it would desensitize them to the potential harm a real gun could do. Yet, we all (or most of us anyway) grew up playing with toy guns, (this host included, he said so), and we have no problem discerning between appropriate play with toy weapons vs. inappropriate actions with real weapons. Some people just need to get a life.

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I've seen the trailer, as have some others in this thread. We don't need to see the entire film to KNOW that it's full of pseudoscientific bullshit, and that it will place far more emphasis on FX and loud sounds than anything resembling good character development or genuine human drama. To paraphrase the old saying, if the trailer makes it look like a turkey, walk like a turkey, and gobble like a turkey...
What RobertR said.
I saw the trailer before Star Trek Nemesis and it gave me nothing but negative feelings about it. At least the Nemesis trailers made it look like it would be a good movie, but it turned out to be a turkey. The Core looks like a turkey in the trailer, so there's no way I'm going to pay to see it.

There's something called suspension of disbelief which I know I would never be able maintain while watching The Core. There is something called inertia, and the amount that the core of the earth has is way too much for humans to affect. As bad as Nemesis was, I was able to believe that it was really in space many light years away.

But these are just my opinions.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Columbia is in some ways a worse disaster than the thousands who die in cars every day because of the larger implications - the possible repercussions on an already far too meager effort to conquer space, as well as the loss of true heroes who willingly put their lives on the line to advance the cause of humanity. When people like that lose their lives it does have a greater impact, in some ways. Well, at least to those of us who haven't lost people in a traffic accident this year...

I'm not trying to downplay the importance of any human lives lost, just that it is especially poignant when it happens like this.

Still, it is totally preposterous with this politically correct crap about not showing a shuttle in trouble in a trailer that was made far before the actual tragedy occurred. Lame. Very lame.

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
FYI they have pulled The Core Trailer.

I work at a theater, when I was leaving Saturday evening our manager was pulling the trailer off the films. They re-acted VERY quickly to it.

Also, we finally put our Phone Booth standee back out. Its been sitting in a closet since October.

Murdock

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Marc Carra wrote:

From the trailer, the movie looks silly, overblown, and totally implausible---all flash and boom, à la Armeggedon; in short, the usual Hollywood drivel. Hardly anything to get all het up about. Any comparison to real shuttle adventures is a bad joke.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Geez, that John Doe change is ridiculous. Not really anything like the shuttle incident except it being an astronaut. Have to start complaing to FOX! Hope we will see it eventually, but it probably screws up the development of the story arc! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks