Witchblade???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rick P, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Whilst persuing a large stack of tapes, I happened on the ones of "Witchblade". Does anyone know a) who holds the rights, b) heard of any plans? IIRC this one was filmed widescreen and some were even shown letterboxed on TNT.

(I suspect this one could be a music rights hell)

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

This is owned by Warner Bros. Right now it's not on their release schedule, but it's under consideration - like most of their titles.

Gord

3. William Waits

William Waits Stunt Coordinator

What's really funny is that TNT, a division of WB - which help pioneer DVD in the first place and continues to push it today with revamped SE's of some of their catalog products (Citizen Cane, Robin Hood: POT, The Right Stuff, etc...) has a small but growing library of exclusive content that hasn't really been seriously cosidered for DVD release. Witchblade is one, and The Pirates Of Silicon Valley is another. The upcoming Goodbye Girl is another I'm sure. There are others that I am sure about.

It just surprises me that the TNT can't follow in the footsteps of its brethren (WB, New Line Cinema, HBO, etc..) with regards to DVD...

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Well, TNT doesn't have a home video division as far as I know. They would rely on their parent company to release it, and Warner Bros has so many TV properties to consider that it might take awhile.

I'd like to see the show on DVD simply because I missed it when it was first on, and the TV movie/Pilot that aired on The WB looked really cool.

Gord