Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Blair, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

Well, my department is moving to Dallas, about 3 hours north of me. I have a test/interview for today for a NT Admin position. The only thing I am worring about is Exchange. I haven't messed around with it at all. So, I picked up 2 books over the weekend, and have been craming. [​IMG] And, I thought I wasn't in school any more. [​IMG]
    If any of y'all have any tips for me in Exchange server pass them on. [​IMG]

2. Jason Handy

Jason Handy Second Unit

Good luck, Jeff. I can imagine these jobs are quite competitive. Hope you get the job!

Jason

3. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Good luck on the interview, Jeff. And now because you posted, you must come back and tell us what happened. [​IMG]
    Jason

4. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

Good Luck Jeff...Let us know how it went!

5. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I supervise a department that includes Exchange 5.5 administration for ~ 4000 users. I found the "Exchange Server Unleashed" book by Sams Publishing to be an excellent reference.

I'd be happy to answer particular questions, but "Exchange for Dummies" would take up too much HTF storage !

PS - I'm not an MCSE, so I can't help with test questions.

6. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

Well, when the lady I set that up with said, "Some testing", she wasn't lieing. I felt like I took a mini SAT test. Now, keep in mind that I haven't been in school for about 10 years or so. they are asking me word problems about someting that will have NO effect on the job. ohh well, I guess I keep looking. [​IMG]

7. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Were the questions even remotely related to IT ? If not, could have been some kind of psychological profiling to make sure you won't go "Postal" on them. (no insult meant to the fine employees of the USPS).

Don't give up hope !

Good luck