What's new

Wisconsin is number 1... (1 Viewer)

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
"Once in the past month" ??

That doesn't sound right. With the weather warming, I'm think AT LEAST once in the past WEEK!!

Justin_M

Agent
We rule! Let's see...aboot 3 times a week...4 weeks in a month...i spend almost half of the month on a binge!!! Is that good? When I was in college, it was more like 20-25 days a month. Can anybody tell me where to pick up a new liver? Many thanks.
OXonce

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
it tuffins ya up for that thing you call winter
we don't have it here in california, that's why i came here in the 70s

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Yeah, out of the 4 people in my HS class that I knew that went to UW Madison, they all came back alcoholics. I'm not kidding.
Living in MN, I already knew they'd rank at the top anyway :)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps, Cheese-heads are trying to drown their repressed rage from going way out of their way to avoid cursing.:D
Just a stereotypical observation of some of my Midwest friends. Sometimes, I feel like coaching them- "Just say it, you'll feel better. F-U-...":D
Interestingly, whenever I'm home in WV, I feel the urge to hit the bars. Here in FL, I have NO (none, nada) desire for a drink. Cold weather->drinking???
Todd

Justin_M

Agent
Wait, I don't remember going to UW-Madison. I went to Ripon College. A little private school about a hour north-west of Milwaukee. Some organization did a study of drinking on the campus and the average person comsumed 18 beverages per Friday or Saturday. Take away the 100 or so that didn't drink, but add my fraternity, and we were a little disappointed. We knew that we drank more than that. So, what was our goal for the next year?...raise the average. They stopped doing that study since our mission was to top the previous number. But what did they think would happen? Did they think we would say, "Oh crap, we are drinking way too much...let's not enjoy these years of our life anymore."? Can't put a number like that in front of some college kids and think that they won't try to top it. I came out ok.
OXonce

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dave said:

I'm sure UW Madison had a lot to do with it. Bring a spare liver if you're attending a party there.
That's exactly what I was thinking. That was the overwhelming reputation of UW-Madison when I was in grad. school at the University of Illinois and an undergrad. at Penn State. Penn State has a reputation for partying, but it is tame there in comparison to the stories I have always heard from Wisconsin alums.

Justin_M

Agent
Wisconsin is good at one more thing...sportsmanship. Did anybody see Shawn Green single-handedly slaughter the Brew Crew last night? Green came up to bat in the 9th with 2 outs and a 5-5 performance with 3 dingers, and the Brewers still pitched at him! When he hit that last home run, the crowd cheered like nuts...and the game was in Milwaukee!!! The crowd was probably really drunk, but still.

Congrats on the new total base record, Shawn.

oxonce

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm enjoying a Flying Dog IPA right now. Fruity with a very smooth finish, yum.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks