What's new

Wiring under the floor to the other side of the room (1 Viewer)

hokuto

Auditioning
Real Name
Lee Moreau
This ties in to my previous thread about wiring from one end of the room to the other under the floor. Basically my setup is on the left side of the room will be all the home theatre components. Then on the far right will be the LCD tv. I want to install on the wall a nice wall jack for each, DVI, SVIDEO, component etc. Am I risking any quality loss if I simply run an svideo cable under the floor that connects to the back of a wall jack on either end, and then use shorter 6 foot or less cables to connect to the wall jack and then to the tv on one end, and to the satellite box on the other? Same with DVI and such? What's the best way to run cable like this, or should I just get a really long high quality one, and have it come out of a hole in the wall instead of being disconnected to a wall jack?

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
The less connections the better. Wall plates look pretty, but who's going to see them once the equipment is in place?

If you are up to date with your equipment all you need is 1 HDMI cable from you A/V Reciever to you TV. that's it!.

If your Best connection in the LCD is Component the just one component Video from the Equipment to the LCD is just fine.

Remember the less connections the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks