What's new

Wiring Setup Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Steve*R

Auditioning
Hello all, Great forum with great knowledge.

I need specific cable hookup info. I've search the web and got no where. Even my manuals are in greek.

I have the following:

TV = Hitachi Model #51F500HDTV
DVR Receiver = Explorer8000HD (DVI cabled output to TV input)Time Warner Cable

I just purchased a Panasonic Home Theater System Model #SA-HT700.

Now I'm lost on how to plug everything in and make it work. My goal is to use the home theater most of the time, however I would like to wire it up where I can turn the theater system off and just use my TV speakers sometimes.

Is this possible?

thanks for any & all help.

Steve

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Steve,

Nothing to it, really. Just send the cable connection from the wall to the DVR, and another one between the DVR and the TV. That will allow you to watch TV without turning on the HT system.

For the HT system, use the DVI connection between the DVR and the TV.

The DVR should have red and white audio outputs on its back panel. Connect them to the Panasonic’s AUX input.

That’s it – you’re in business!

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John S

Senior HTF Member
Well there are so many ways to wire this combo up, hard to say how it is now or if you even have it hooked up.

In my system, I would hook up an alternate source to my display with like analog audio and then I would use that input on the TV if I wanted to use the TV speakers.

Frankly, I would just use the Surround system for the sound 100% of the time, and suggest using it this way all the time.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Wayne, since it is a HD box, he may want to do a digital connection (coax or optical) from the DVR to the receiver so he gets Dolby Digital.

Steve*R

Auditioning
Thanks all,

I do not have the option of using my optical or coax cables as my new unit does not have the inputs. My loss for not knowing what to look for. I trusted the online manual from Panasonic's homepage, but it was for several models - not just mine.

Thanks.

Steve

Steve*R

Auditioning
Thank you to all who helped me. I'm online and enjoying it. I took your advice and patched the DVR to the HT and all is working well. I just wished I had known more before buying this version. Now I have an Optical cable, that I bought for the DVR output to HT input, and no where to use it.

Thanks again to all.

Steve R.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks