wiring question.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by greg baker, Jun 26, 2003.

1. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

I have a question that may be more appropriate in a different area. I am interested in re-wiring my house where the tv would be in a different area(same room but about 10 feet away from my stereo. I have a hk-520 and I am getting a 5.1 home theater cable tuner Saturday. This is my questions. How many wires will I have to run to my tv. As it is set up now I have an s video and the cable running into the TV but I am not sure that is correct. Am I supposed to be running my cable tv through the stereo.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    You’re on the right track, Greg. The cable tuner (when you get it) will deliver the sound to your 5.1 receiver, via its A/V connections. Just keep in mind that typically you need to keep all video connections the same, so hopefully the cable tuner will have an S-video output.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Wayne. My current tuner does nothave s-video but the new one will. I currently have a hodgepodge of rca and s video. My goal is to be able to have this set-up with only one s video to the tv to run everything. Does this seem possible?