What's new

Wiring a wireless headphone (1 Viewer)

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Still considering wireless headphones, and am wondering how they get connected to the system. Does the transmitter hook into my receiver's headphone jack, or some other output? To use wired headphones with my yamaha 2095, the manual says you have to turn off speakers A and B, turn off the EQ, and turn off the subwoofer output.

Thanks in advance!

Danny Owens

Agent
Ray,

I'm using the Sony surround wireless headphones with a RX-V1. What I do is set up my zone 2 output to fixed volume and plug up my wireless headset to that output. This has other advantages. You just turn your main volume all the way down; or even mute it. What ever source you choose for zone 2 will be what you will hear through the headphones.

I'm kind of a sports addict. What I have done is connect two cable boxes to my system. I have one set up for one video in and the other set up on another video in. I use my TV in picture in picture mode and have one game on the main system and one on the headphones. So I can see and hear both games.

The other thing that is nice about using zone 2 for sourcing the headphones is that you never have to disconnect it.

Danny

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Great idea as I had no intentions of using zone 2 for anything else. I definitely like the idea of not having to connect/disconnect the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks