Wireless XBox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Henry, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

I got my XBox live all set up with the XBox connected directly to my router, but I can't get the wireless portion to work.

I bought a Wireless Access Point (WAP11) to connect to the XBox. Most of the how to's mention a bridge (WET11). Will it work with what I bought?

Thanks
    Todd

2. Bill Harada

Bill Harada Stunt Coordinator

You'll need both the WAP11 and the WET11 in order to get a wireless connection to your XBox. The WAP11 gives you the wireless access point while the WET11 gives you the bridge needed to give the XBox a way to connect to the access point.

3. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

Thanks.

That is what I thought. I also bought the 4 port wireless router. I will try to go back to CompUSA and return the WAP and see if I can get the WET11.

Todd

4. Bill Harada

Bill Harada Stunt Coordinator

Yeah. it gets confusing. Especially when the WAP has a bridge mode. What isn't clear is that the WAP's bridge is strictly for bridging two wireless networks together, not for adding wireless access to a device.

Good luck on your Live gaming!

Bill

5. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

I exchanged the WAP11 for the WET11 and when I try to install the bridge it tells me it can't locate the bridge. Are there some lights that I should look for to see if it is hooked up right?

Thanks
    Todd

6. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

I got it working, I think. I had to connect the bridge to the router first to configure it, but I got the WLAN light to light up.

Todd

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Moving this to Hardware.