What's new

Wireless XBox (1 Viewer)

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I got my XBox live all set up with the XBox connected directly to my router, but I can't get the wireless portion to work.

I bought a Wireless Access Point (WAP11) to connect to the XBox. Most of the how to's mention a bridge (WET11). Will it work with what I bought?

Thanks
Todd

Bill Harada

Stunt Coordinator
You'll need both the WAP11 and the WET11 in order to get a wireless connection to your XBox. The WAP11 gives you the wireless access point while the WET11 gives you the bridge needed to give the XBox a way to connect to the access point.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Thanks.

That is what I thought. I also bought the 4 port wireless router. I will try to go back to CompUSA and return the WAP and see if I can get the WET11.

Todd

Bill Harada

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah. it gets confusing. Especially when the WAP has a bridge mode. What isn't clear is that the WAP's bridge is strictly for bridging two wireless networks together, not for adding wireless access to a device.

Good luck on your Live gaming!

Bill

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I exchanged the WAP11 for the WET11 and when I try to install the bridge it tells me it can't locate the bridge. Are there some lights that I should look for to see if it is hooked up right?

Thanks
Todd

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I got it working, I think. I had to connect the bridge to the router first to configure it, but I got the WLAN light to light up.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks