Wireless XBOX Live

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jake Gove, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

I have a Linksys wireless access point and router and a WET11 wireless ethernet bridge plugged into my XBOX. The first day I hooked everything up, last Saturday, XBOX Live was working fine wirelessly. I was able to play Moto GP all day long. I didn't try it again until yesterday when I got Unreal Championship. Now I cannot get a connection. Is anyone else using a wireless solution? Was XBOX Live just problematic yesterday? Anyone have any ideas?

2. Michael St. Clair

Jake,

I am using a WET11, and everything was fine yesterday and today.

I was not a beta tester.

3. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

Do you have everything set to automatic? Also, what lights on your WET11 are lit up?

4. David Glenn

David Glenn Second Unit

Ditto on the wireless specs - Linksys WAP Router/4-Port Switch & WET11 Bridge

I'm still able to connect but my drop out rate increased compared to Thursday, Nov. 14th.

When I join a game (MechAssault), approx. 50% of the time I'm getting: "The host xbox has left the game".

Also, I'm occasionally getting the DNS error. Powering down/up the cable modem resolves this.

Does anybody know all the possible reasons for this occurring? I'd like to be able to rule out it being a problem from my end.

-My 2.4 GHz phones were NOT in use.
    -At the time, no one else on my home network was sharing the cable modem connection.

5. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

Again, what are the settings you guys are using?

6. David Glenn

David Glenn Second Unit

I'm using: Detect IP Automatically.

Also, my bridge/xbox are two floors down from my router = approx. 14 ft apart.

7. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

What lights are lit on your WET11?

8. David Glenn

David Glenn Second Unit

Of the 4, 3 are lit. The DIAGnostic is not.

9. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

I had to return my WET11 today, for the life of me I could not get WLAN to light up... After over an hour with tech support, they said to return it, it's faulty... Time to hook up the new one shortly, hopefully have more luck.

10. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

I spent an hour on the phone with Linksys tech support today. I'm sending mine back to them for replacement. The only light that would come on is power.

11. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Jack, I just hooked up my new one, WLAN and power came on immediately, then Power, LAN and WLAN once setup... Just spent the past hour playing MotoGP online, I am very very impressed with the setup. 100% lag free, and I hide the WET11 behind my equiptment rack...

An exchange for a new one worked for me, might be a problematic unit for you as well.