What's new

Wireless XBox Controllers... (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
I need some wireless xbox controllers for my HT and was wondering which ones you all recommend...

btw, I prefer the s-controller size...

Thanks in advance...

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
If you're willing to spend a dime, then pick up the Logitech wireless for around $60. From all accounts, build-quality and responsiveness of that unit are tops.

If you want to test the waters first, try the Pelican Eclipse which retails for around $30. It recieved a favorable review on IGN, and most people liken the actual controller to the Controller-S. Responsiveness is very good also, as is battery life (with the rumble feature off).

James D S

Screenwriter
Do you have XBLive? If so, then I would recommend none of the current models on the market - None of them have expansion bays on the controller, requiring you to plug in the headset into the base that is attached to the console. :thumbsdown:

Even that major oversight notwithstanding, I would wait a bit for more models to hit the market as none of the current wave (pun?) of controllers stand out as head and shoulders above the rest - And considering the quality of some, that's not good.

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
I have the Logitech PS2 controller, and the wireless works great. The strikes against it, however, are that the D-pad is a full circle and can be hard to navigate in menus (during gameplay it works fine) and the analog sticks are *very* loose. For the Xbox I went with the Pelican Eclipse. It feels just like the S controller, and has the nice feature of shoulder buttons that function as the black and white buttons (which are also on the face). I do notice that the buttons do require actually pressing down on them firmly to register, but have heard with use these will loosen up. I'd wait for E3 to hear if MS is going to release a first-party wireless before buying.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Allen,

Have you used the the Pelican quite a bit? What do you think of the durability?

Thanks,
Dave

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
Sorry for the late reply, Dave, I was playing Halo. Wirelessly. I really do like the form of the Pelican Eclipse. I don't forsee any durability problems. It feels solid and very similar to the S. The black and white shoulder buttons are a great improvement. The only caveat (besides XBL incompatibility) is that you do have to press straight down through the buttons. Not for sloppy button-mashing. For $40 (I actually got mine for $35 on sale at Best Buy), it's a very worthwhile purchase.

Trevor Harveaux

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my Pelican for a few months now. Works great. I've totally gotten used to the buttons, either that or they have gotten better over time. The only downside is the lack of slots for LIVE.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Cool. If nothing is mentioned at E3, I think I'll grab one of the Pelican cotrollers. Thanks guys!

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks