Wireless video?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by David Joor, Oct 12, 2003.

1. David Joor

David Joor Auditioning

I am setting up a gym in my garage and I would like to get video down there (downstairs), but I can't route any coax there. A cable worker might be able to pull some, but the way my apartment is setup it would be difficult. So I am wondering if wireless video has become affordable yet? I seen corporate solutions for the 3k range but I just want to watch MTV [​IMG]. Any suggestions?

2. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

there are little things called Leap Frog's and a few other brands that are sold at Radio Shacks and Best Buys in Canada... they work OK, good enough for MTV... dont' expect great video quality though [​IMG] and they are very affordable.

3. Todd Shore

Todd Shore Stunt Coordinator

The 2.4GHz units aren't horrible, but make sure that you get one with IR so that you can control the source remotely.

4. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

I have one of these and it works fine. I even used it to wirelessly send DD5.1 to another room. Disregarding the PC portion and the remote, it's cheaper than a standalone sender/receiver.

Pete

EDIT:
    Found this . Even better deal!

5. David Joor

David Joor Auditioning

Thanks everyone, I got a leapfrog from Bestbuy and I think I am going to return it. The IR repeater doesn't work and it has this constant static line that pops every second. Can't seem to do anything to stop it. I will goto Radio Shack and try another brand.