What's new

Wireless video? (1 Viewer)

David Joor

Auditioning
I am setting up a gym in my garage and I would like to get video down there (downstairs), but I can't route any coax there. A cable worker might be able to pull some, but the way my apartment is setup it would be difficult. So I am wondering if wireless video has become affordable yet? I seen corporate solutions for the 3k range but I just want to watch MTV :). Any suggestions?

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
there are little things called Leap Frog's and a few other brands that are sold at Radio Shacks and Best Buys in Canada... they work OK, good enough for MTV... dont' expect great video quality though :) and they are very affordable.

Todd Shore

Stunt Coordinator
The 2.4GHz units aren't horrible, but make sure that you get one with IR so that you can control the source remotely.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
I have one of these and it works fine. I even used it to wirelessly send DD5.1 to another room. Disregarding the PC portion and the remote, it's cheaper than a standalone sender/receiver.

Pete

EDIT:
Found this . Even better deal!

David Joor

Auditioning
Thanks everyone, I got a leapfrog from Bestbuy and I think I am going to return it. The IR repeater doesn't work and it has this constant static line that pops every second. Can't seem to do anything to stop it. I will goto Radio Shack and try another brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks