Wireless VGA Adapter?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mitch G, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Mitch G

Mitch G Agent

I did some searches but didn't find anything. So, here's what I would like to do:

I have a laptop in the "home theater" room that various family members use to surf and play games while others are watching TV or something.
    Well, I would like to be able to connect it to the TV (which has a VGA input port) but I don't want to run a cable from the TV to couch.

So, I'm wondering if there is a peer-to-peer wireless device that allows a computer VGA port to talk to a TV/Monitor VGA port wirelessly.

I guess what I'm picturing is something that plugs into the TV's VGA port and acts as a receiver. And a small (key word, there) transmitter that plugs into the laptop's monitor port.

Is there anything like that out there?

Thanks,

Mitch

2. Keith Outhouse

Keith Outhouse Stunt Coordinator

google wireless vga extender. True VGA extenders are pricey at $700+. If just for gaming the cheaper solutions might work. They downconvert the VGA to composite or s-video.

3. Mitch G

Mitch G Agent

Thanks. Did that and found that they are definitely more expensive than I was expecting.
    Oh well, maybe I'll just run a cable and use the TV for special occasions.

Thanks for the help,

Mitch

4. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

This may be junk, but for the price it might be worth a try. You could always return it if it's no good.

The transmitter isn't really small though, but it would beat a bulky wire running across the floor.

5. Mitch G

Mitch G Agent

Yeah, I saw that one. It might make into the house. But, as you said it's not exactly small.

Mitch

6. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

It might work if you've got a place you can put the transmitter and not move it. It would be a pain in the butt if you move the laptop around alot.