What's new

Wireless VGA Adapter? (1 Viewer)

Mitch G

Agent
I did some searches but didn't find anything. So, here's what I would like to do:

I have a laptop in the "home theater" room that various family members use to surf and play games while others are watching TV or something.
Well, I would like to be able to connect it to the TV (which has a VGA input port) but I don't want to run a cable from the TV to couch.

So, I'm wondering if there is a peer-to-peer wireless device that allows a computer VGA port to talk to a TV/Monitor VGA port wirelessly.

I guess what I'm picturing is something that plugs into the TV's VGA port and acts as a receiver. And a small (key word, there) transmitter that plugs into the laptop's monitor port.

Is there anything like that out there?

Thanks,

Mitch

Keith Outhouse

Stunt Coordinator
google wireless vga extender. True VGA extenders are pricey at $700+. If just for gaming the cheaper solutions might work. They downconvert the VGA to composite or s-video.

Mitch G

Agent
Thanks. Did that and found that they are definitely more expensive than I was expecting.
Oh well, maybe I'll just run a cable and use the TV for special occasions.

Thanks for the help,

Mitch

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
This may be junk, but for the price it might be worth a try. You could always return it if it's no good.

The transmitter isn't really small though, but it would beat a bulky wire running across the floor.

Mitch G

Agent
Yeah, I saw that one. It might make into the house. But, as you said it's not exactly small.

Mitch

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
It might work if you've got a place you can put the transmitter and not move it. It would be a pain in the butt if you move the laptop around alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks