Wireless TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Rob.melone, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Rob.melone

Rob.melone Stunt Coordinator

I was recently amazed to find out that I could transmit quality satellite radio to any radio in my house through the FM Modulator of my SKYFi2 XM radio receiver. Is there similar technology available for television? Thanks.
    Rob

2. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

Yes, They have wireless video/audio sets at Radio Shack. Hook it to one t.v. and recieve it on another. All controls stay with the t.v. it's hooked to. I'm thinking about doing it for a small patio t.v. that would come in at night so I don't have to run another cable.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

4. Brian Gi

Brian Gi Stunt Coordinator

A few caveats about the plethora of 2.4 GHZ A/V transmitters.

1- If you have a 2.4 GHZ wireless phone, or worse, a 2.4 ghz base phone with wireless add on phones, there is likely to be interference.

2- Your microwave WILL screw up the picture.

3- It's the same frequency as wireless security camera's, (X-10, RS, etc) and there is a small possibility you'll see someone's camera view, although most of them have 4 sub channels in the 2.4 GHZ range.

4- You'll get VCR quality at best. One friend uses one for a 15in LCDTV in his kitchen, but see #2 above. Another buddy uses it on a 13" TV in his smoking lounge, (Garage) to watch his DirecTV.

As long as you keep these in mind, and either limit the size of the TV to under 19 inches or aren't bothered ny the PQ then they can be found at or under $60.

Hope this helps.