What's new

Wireless transmission from PC to Receiver? (1 Viewer)

Matt_UXM

Auditioning
So i finally have something of a home theater setup, at least audio wise, which is more of an issue to me anyway. but now my problem is this: my computer and my quite extensive cache of mp3's is in the other room. is there some kind of transmitter i can plug into the line/speaker out on my soundcard on the PC, and have that transmit audio to a receiver plugged into my, well, receiver? nice, clean audio is, of course, very important to me, but i'm sure ANY solution will be better than these crappy satellites and 'mini' subwoofer. i also want to keep it as low budget as possible.

thanks,
-matt

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
You could buy one of those wireless headphones sets and run the output from your sound card to the transmitter's input. The output from the headphone receiver to your receiver/amps' input.

I believe you may be able to get just a wireless setup (sans headphones) at Rat Shack.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

Matt_UXM

Auditioning
thanks for the info. i've since done some investigating of my own, and found many many options. i'm not sure whether or not any of them are any good, though. i'll just have to find a place that has a good return policy. *shrug*
i came across this, and it looks semi-promising (low cost, good name). any thoughts?
http://www.techdepot.com/product.asp?ProductID=122797
thanks again,
-matt

Greg.GT

Auditioning
tigerdirect has the US Robotics Soundlink Wireless Audio Transmitter for a low $39.95, $36 member price. (Free membership)
Connect your PC full of MP3's to any Stereo system up to 1000 feet away. Connect via RCA input or through FM frequences 88.1 or 88.3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks