What's new

Wireless System - Speakers (1 Viewer)

Paul*B

Auditioning
I just put down a wood floor and forgot to run the wires for the home theatre speakers.

Does anyone know if a wireless hookup kit exists from the main receiver to the speakers?

Thanks

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
You can find places for wireless speakers but your gonna have a couple problems. First, just 2 speakers are gonna be about $100 and they are going to be very crappy. Also, for 5 speakers you will need 3 bases and that means that your going to have 3 transmitter which will make your room even uglier. The speakers are going to sound bad and they won't be loud at all. Also, the batteries will have to be replaced every so often.

Not a good idea, I would just lay a carpet down and hide the wires under couches, around or whatever. That's what I did and nobody can notice or feel them under the carpet.

Paul*B

Auditioning
It wasn't the speakers I was looking to replace and go wireless, but some kit that could make the existing speakers wireless.

Guess it doesn't exist.

Thanks for the input.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Remember that speakers need power.

As Chris said you can get speakers with batteries, but those are all horrible.

Some wireless speaker systems have a power cord for each speakers that needs to be plugged into a wall outlet. You still have wires dangleing down the wall, but not across the floor.

Your best solution is what Wayne said. Get a wireless transmitter from the pre-outs and send them to amps positioned in the back of the room, and then run regular speaker wire up the walls to the speakers.

Many people drill small holes in the floor and run the wires through the basement and back up if that is an option. Or you can just run the wire right above the baseboard. You have to go up and over doors, but if you paint the wire to match the walls it might not look too bad.

Jim_Lan

Agent
Check out the latest issue of Sound and Vision Magazine. Both editorial and product reveiw of wireless system..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks