wireless speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by benjaminBen, Sep 7, 2005.

1. benjaminBen

benjaminBen Stunt Coordinator

I know this is an igorant question, but i am wanting to get surround sound in my apartment and i don't want any wires. So can you get wireless surround sound, if yes how much does that run and what would you reccomend? Thanks

2. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

I would recommend getting a wireless amplifier and adding your own surround speakers that "match" the front stage. I have a wireless Radio Shack amp that I was using for my rear surround before I could run wires and now I use it to power my outdoor speakers. The RS amp is about $100. Kenwood makes one that is more powerful and probably better for under $200. It's not a perfect solution due to a minor amount of interference (clicks and pops occassionally, especially when one of the pets is very near either recvr or transmitter) but it works. The all in one wireless speakers that I've heard all sound like poop.

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Logitech also just introducted a surround system with wireless speakers at CEDIA

4. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

My brother-in-law has the Kenwood unit. Running wires to the rear of the room in his apartment was not an option. Works as advertised.

-Dave