What's new

Wireless Speakers (1 Viewer)

Marlin Liew

Auditioning
I currently have my main audio system in my living room attached to my computer. I would like to put a couple of speakers in my bedroom and running wires would be rather messy.

I was thinking about looking at wireless speakers. But I've heard that the sound quality will suffer greatly as compared to wired. Is this true? Are there any decent sounding wireless speaker systems available? Can someone suggest some that I should look at?

Thanks.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Wireless speakers are basically so much crap. When you consider that they have to have a built in receiver and amplifier on top of whatever else a speaker normally has in it, for the ridiculously low prices they sell for, what else could you expect?

A system like the one FiesalK linked, with the transmitter and receiver/amp separate from the speakers, is a much better bet, although much more expensive (since you have to provide speakers separately). It’s an ideal set-up in your situation, where you really don’t need wireless speakers per se, just a painlessly way to get the signal from one room to another. They seem to work pretty well, but the down side with all the ones I’ve seen is low power: 20-50 watts per channel is about the most you can expect.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Dean_S

Second Unit
I have a Radio Shack wireless amplifier that I was using for my rear surrounds until I could run wires. This gives you option of using your own speakers and works quite well. I got it on sale for $80 a while back and I think it's normally $100. I'm going to set it up to run a pair of speakers in another room as soon as I have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks