Wireless Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by LukeLP, May 29, 2003.

1. LukeLP

LukeLP Auditioning

I have an existing home theater system. I just moved and had to leave my old rear speakers behind because they were built into the house. I had wired speakers before but the way my entertainment room is configured the only way I can get rear speakers w/o cable laying everywhere is to use wireless speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions on brands and where is a good place to purchase them? I just need 2 speakers for the rear. Thx for the info.

Luke

2. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

What is the rest of your system. I wouldn't recommend wireless speakers due to cost (for halfway decent ones anyways) but $$$ can buy anything.

3. LukeLP

LukeLP Auditioning

Well I have a Denon Receiver, w/ 2 JBL in Front, and a JBL subwoofer, and JBL center speaker. The reason I want to keep it the same is it's my parents and they primary use a vcr and tv for it. They are pretty stubborn about upgrading to 5.1. Thx for your help.

Luke

4. Paul Campbell

Of course the BIG bummer about wireless speakers is that practically none of them are TOTALLY wireless. They still need to be plugged into an outlet. Some have rechargeable batteries, but who wants to mess with that?

"Hold on guys, I'll pop the speakers off the charger and we'll watch a movie. Well, at least most of it. We'll probably have to recharge them after an hour or so."