Wireless speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Douglas Jones, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Douglas Jones

Douglas Jones Auditioning

I hate the thought of gettig up in the attic and running speaker wires. Will wireless speakers give you true suround sound? Can the be hooked up to a reciever?

2. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

I don't think you'll find any one on this forum that's a big supporter of wireless speakers. If there is absolutley no other way no run wires or fake rears through virtual sound, I suppose wireless is a viable solution. I, however wouldn't waste my money. If the attic doesn't sound possible, there's always behind the base board or flat wire under the carpet.

3. Douglas Jones

Douglas Jones Auditioning

I didnt think it would work but I had to ask. I'll just hire someone to run them

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

definitely run the wire. fwiw, it's not too difficult to do, but i can certainly see the hesitation.

wireless speakers aren't really very wireless anyway. you still have to plug them into a wall somehow (either a separate receiver/amp unit or each individual speaker) to power them, so you still end up having wires.

plus they never sound very good and are prone to interference.

i'll admit i'm not up on today's wireless technology...maybe they've made some big leaps and bounds.