Wireless Speakers used with 5.1 surround

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Marcus D, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Marcus D

Marcus D Agent

I have a question about adding 2 rear speakers to get 5.1 surround on my hometheater system. I have 3 speakers: one center and a left and right regular speakers. I want to add 2 rear wireless speakers to the 3 I already have because I don't want to hassle with concealing the wires for them. Is there a way to include the 2 wireless speakers to go with the 3 speakers to get 5.1 surround. Also what brand of speakers do you recommend. I don't want to spend more than $100 on them. I am new to hometheaterforum.com so I don't know if this has ever been discussed on this forum previously. I would appreciate any suggestions, hints, tips, whatever.

Thanks

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Well I believe RCA makes wireless speakers although they aren't going to be ideal at all and they aren't going to deliver the amount of power you are going to want either.

The easiest thing to do would just be to go to BestBuy and pick up a cheap pair of speakers to use for surrounds and use some very thin gauge wire to connect them. I use 14Ga. monster cable and nobody even notices it going up to the speakers.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

You're still gonna have to plug them in.

This has been discussed several times, you can run a search for wireless speakers, for instance:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...eless+speakers

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...eless+speakers

There are probably a dozen more threads dealing with the same question. The result is there's not much out there, nor is it really a worthwhile thing to do. It's much easier to run wire in a baseboard, or flat wire up a wall, or just live with ugly wire.