What's new

Wireless speakers for surround sound (1 Viewer)

Don.P

Auditioning
My daughter bought a pair of RCA WSP255RS speakers that she would like to use for the rear speakers in a Dolby Pro Logic surround sound setup. The transmitter came with a Y connection cord with two RCA plugs to plug into the audio source. I want to connect it to the two rear speaker outputs on her receiver. Is there anyway to do this since the speakers are powered? I would appreciate some advice on how to do this if its possible. Thanks

Don

John S

Senior HTF Member
The AVR/Pre-Pro/HTIB would have to have a REAR/Surround RCA analog audio out to do that. many do, many don't.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Don,

As John noted, the receiver would have to have RCA output jacks for the rear surround channels. If you have that, you can send the signal to the transmitter.

However, don’t expect much. Most speakers like this are low-powered – 10 watts or so.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Don.P

Auditioning
Wayne and John, thanks for taking the time to respond. BTW Wayne, I read you equipment list and setup, very impressive.

Don

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hmm, I thought the link was dead. Thanks for the kind words, Don – a lot of it has become outdated since I joined this Forum (the VCR’s no component video, HD etc.) but we enjoy it. :D

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
RCA makes a wireless transmitter reciever kit that will allow transmission of rear channel sound by plugging in regular speakers to it. The transmitter and reciever work at 5.8Ghz and all you need to do is plug the speaker connections from your reciever into the transmitter unit, and then plug the speakers into the reciever unit... voila, instant rear channel. However, this is limited to 50 watts right now.

The price for all of this great joy? $100.00 at Radioshack... cat # 15-1974

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
RCA makes a wireless transmitter reciever kit that will allow transmission of rear channel sound by plugging in regular speakers to it. The transmitter and reciever work at 5.8Ghz and all you need to do is plug the speaker connections from your reciever into the transmitter unit, and then plug the speakers into the reciever unit... voila, instant rear channel. However, this is limited to 50 watts right now.

The price for all of this great joy? $100.00 at Radioshack... cat # 1974

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks