What's new

Wireless speaker or Wireless headphones for older parents (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I'm trying to determine the best setup for my in-laws. The TV is so loud at times I'm afraid they'll blow the internal speakers. They asked me to look into a new set up.

I was thinking headphones might be the best way to go but do they make a good one ear solution? If not, a set of wireless headphones that can have two sets on one transmitter would be best. They bought a pair of RCA wireless speakers but the interference is horrible with them. I'd like something better.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
If the TV has audio output jacks you can always get powered speakers or a small receiver and non-powered speakers. Do they receive TV from over the air or from cable or satellite? If they tune thru external devices they may have audio output jacks. You can also get an RF modulator (of if you have an old VCR too) that has antenna input and output jacks and audio outs too.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I thought of doing a HTiB setup for them but they really don't want any of it. Do they make one ear solutions?

Mod

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Take a look at TV Ears. It's a wireless headset with its own volume control and will work even when the TV volume is down. You can have 2 headsets on one transmitter/charger. Requires direct line of sight to transmitter. I bought these for my wife because she has hearing loss in one ear from a fireworks incident. I bought online from Costco.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks