wireless speaker advice

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by steveKlein, Jun 28, 2006.

1. steveKlein

steveKlein Agent

Hey guys. I'm looking to upgrade my rig (from Kenwood HTiB).

I'm looking in the general price range of maybe $500-$700 for a rear pair, a front pair, and a center channel.

What do you guys think my best bet is? I'm far from an audiphile and will not be using these primarily for watching movies and tv, as well as some videogame playing, and some radio listening.

I've heard good things about Paradigm and Infinity but was wondering what else is out there in my price range. I have also heard good things about the X-LS system form av123.com and products from Polk. I'm a total speaker newb, so please, tell me what my best bets are!

Space is an issue (room is about 16x11) so no floor standing towers please! Oh, and I already have a subwoofer that works.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Steve,

None of the brands you’ve mentioned make wireless speakers. You might try Googling “wireless speakers” for some options.

Don’t expect much from these, however. Typically you’re going to find they’re made by low-end brands, and the built-in amplifiers they have don’t have much power – maybe 10-20 watts each.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt