What's new

Wireless question (1 Viewer)

svaillan

Auditioning
Hello all. I am new to the site and the area of projection. The house I am in right now doesnt have the extra room for a deticated theater. Therefore I am using my livingroom. My house is also a southwetern style flat roofed house therefore I have no attic or crawl space to run extra wires. I could go cutting the ceiling sheetrock to run projector wires but I really wanna avoid having to do that. So my question is...Is there any form of wireless set-up that works with broadcasting the signals required for the projector. Maybe 20-25 feet at the most. I have looked around but I dont want to buy such a device without asking around. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All, Steve

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
If you want a projector, you're going to want HD. It's worth it. Here's the problem with most wireless AV senders: they only support composite or S-vid(some have component, but not most). You'd need at least component, but would prefer DVI or HDMI. No video sender I've seen has that yet. I'm afraid to say this, but you'll probably need to run wire.

svaillan

Auditioning
Keith, Thanks for the help and the info. You know I was thinking that same thing. But right now my cable doesnt offer any HD channels in my area and I dont plan on going with Satillite anytime soon because if I switch from my cable provider my high speed internet goes way up in price. Sort of a package deal with the cable. So right now maybe it would do.

rob-h

Second Unit
I have a dedicated HT but I still was limited as to how to run wire. I ended up getting wiremold from Home depot. Works and looks great.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Yeah, the wireless senders that you'd want to use probably start in the $3K+, and you'd also want a couple of SDI or HD-SDI tranceivers, too.

I suppose alternatively you could also do a really fine trace of fiber; the fiber tranceivers'd probably be about $1500 for the pair.

But how are you getting power there, too?

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks