What's new

Wireless PC to TV connection (1 Viewer)

roamer723

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
Hi

Brand new here. Was wondering if anybody has a recommendation on the best way to connect my PC to my TV wirelessly. Am looking for a cheap way to not have to buy a new tv, but be able to watch my pc on tv whenever I'd like.

I've got a wireless G network setup already. My TV is a 36" Panasonic SD CRT, but I've got an S video connection I could use.

I want to be able to view anything from my pc...mpg, jpg, vob, word, excel, etc....

Is this possible? So far I've seen wireless multimedia devices that seem pretty constrained as far as file types supported.

Thanks in advance

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is no way to send the video wirelessly. I have used a VGA to S-video adapter on my old 32" SD CRT (Toshiba). The video quality sucked. I could barely read the Windows text labels. Word, Excel, etc. were no better. You really need something that has more resolution than a standard def TV.

Wireless media devices are very nice and they support everything but application data. They will display most picture, movie and audio formats.

-Robert

roamer723

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
Thanks Rob.

I am able as of right now to watch a vob movie file on my laptop wirelessly from the desktop using wireless g.

I was hoping there was a way to connect a wireless multimedia device to the tv and have it on the wireless network, and read the files from the desktop in the same way using the wireless g.

I do have a S vid out on my video card, but don't feel like running the cable or moving the desktop.

roamer723

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
...but from your comment it sounds like the resolution would make it not worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geercklay
Recent bookmarks