Wireless Keyboard/Mouse and FPS Games

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Colin Davidson, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit

It has come time to replace my keyboard and mouse on my home pc and am considering going wireless.

While I use my machine for many other normal things I am primarily concerned about using them for FPS type games. I know that earlier versions of wireless mice were known for to much lag and thus made it hard when under pressure (attack) to be able to aim/fire quickly. I am pretty much sold on the MS Optical Desktop Elite which has a wireless ergonomic keyboard and mouse.

Anyone out there currently using wireless and FPS games and has the technology matured enough that it will work as needed?

Thanks -

Colin

2. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I use the Logitech Bluetooth KB/mouse combo on my HTPC. I really only play UT2K4 on it, but they work great! There is NO lag with either the mouse or KB. It's just like playing on my other (wired) PC.
    But, I have heard that some people have had problems with the non-Bluetooth Logitech MX duo and wireless Microsoft products. Look around and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    My 2 cents: go with the Logitech Bluetooth.
    Good luck.

3. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

I also use logitech but not bluetooth. I have a mouse similar to this one but it must be the older model because I dont have side buttons. And I have a keyboard like this one. However, my keyboard doesn't have the special buttons across the top. I must have outdated gear [​IMG]

Anyway, I play Battlefield: Vietnam, Battlefield: 1942, Call of Duty and other on them and they work fantastic. I notice no lag at all when I play.

Good luck,
    -Marshall

4. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit

Thanks Leo and Marshall for the feedback.

Guess I will check out the bluetooth stuff and then make a decision on what to go with.

5. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

yeah the new logitech wireless products rock, there is a slight delay but its not really all that noticeable.