wireless keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tom stewart, Nov 27, 2002.

1. tom stewart

tom stewart Auditioning

anyone have any recomendations on cordless keyboards and mouses that have ranges beyond 6 ft? i need something that will work up to 10-12 ft.

2. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

3. DougKrockeTT

DougKrockeTT Auditioning

the logitech cordless freedom works great for me. never tested beyond the length of my room (15ft). but, works fine at any range in-between.

4. Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy Stunt Coordinator

i want to put my keyboard so i can set it up in my other room on my tv and sexy new yamaha receiver. Its about 10 feet away but through a wall. Do you think the bluetooth could do that? Its just drywall and insallation.looks like so

------------------------------------------------
    ! ! Computer ! !
    ! Cofee Table ! ! My Room !
    ! ! ! !
    ! !- ------------ --------!
    !
    !
    !
    !
    -- --!
    !
    !---------------------------------!

5. DavidVTHokie

DavidVTHokie Stunt Coordinator

I have the new Microsoft one. It states 6ft. maximum range, but I have been using it at 12 feet for a week with no range problems. Bought it at BestBuy for $59 (keybd & optical mouse). They didn't cary the Bluetooth one yet, but I think it is much more expensive.

6. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I just bought the Aitech Airboard for $25. It is an IR keyboard, with built in pointing device. 25 ft claimed range (I use it at 12 feet with no problem, havent tested its maximum).
    I really like the keyboard, and dont use a mouse as the joystick on the keyboard works well enough for simple mouse movement. If I used this PC for gaming, I would need to get a real mouse, but as an HTPC I am fine with just the joystick.
    http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_acc_airboard.html
    Jeff

7. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

I just got the Gyration 25 foot keyboard/mouse suite for the HTPC I'm building.

8. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

To use from a different room, you'll have to find one that works on RF and not IR. Any like that should work through a wall as long as you're pretty close.

9. Ryan Cruz

Ryan Cruz Stunt Coordinator

the logitech keyboard and mouse combo is fantastic, you can't go wrong with this.