Wireless HTIB

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Kevin_F, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

I am not sure if this is the right section for this, but here it goes. My wife wants to get a new system for our bedroom, but she wants to get a wireless system. Does anyone know of any good wireless 5.1 home theaters in a box?

2. John S

John S Producer

Hmm wireless is not true. Either you have to have an AC plug, or you have to have a speaker wire. Take your pick on this one, but it's still a wire.

3. Kevin_F

That is a good point. Do you have any that fall into either category?

4. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

Tuck the speakerwire under the carpet when she isn't looking...I imagine wireless systems would introduce a lot of noise

5. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

Sony makes a "wireless" system. It is a neat concept. It has a disc slot that hangs on the wall, along with the front 3 speakers. The guts of the system (including all the inputs/outputs) is in the sub. The wireless transmitter and remote sensor are in the center speaker. And the wireless receiver is in the rear speaker. But you still have to have 4 wires in front (3 speakers and the transport). You plug 1 of the rears in the wall AC outlet, and the other has to have a wire run to it across the back of the room. And if needed you can wire an additional wireless receiver to the rear speaker. So you end up with 3 wires in the back as well. Not to mention that all you audio and video wiring has to run across the floor to the sub. So, for wireless, it has a lot of wires.

6. Kevin_F

Thanks guys, I will look into the Sony system, otherwise we will have to work something out.

At least I got her to agree to a 5.1 in the bedroom, she just wanted the fronts, she is 'slowly' starting to come around [​IMG]

7. Kevin_F

Brian, I looked on Sony's website and the only wireless system is for games, do you know of another?

8. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

9. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    So that’s “wireless,” huh? [​IMG]

Kevin,

About the only thing a “wireless” system does is relieve you the problem or routing wires from the receiver to the rear speakers. But as you can see, there will still be wires of some kind.

Actually, you’re more likely to end up with visible wires with a “wireless” system than a regular system. Speaker wires can be hidden in-wall, etc. , but there’s no hiding electrical cords.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

10. Kevin_F

I am seeing that Wayne. Thanks for the link Brian