Wireless headphones

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MikeLi, Oct 21, 2004.

1. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I need a pair of wireless headphones for watching TV in the middle of the night when I cant sleep and don't want to wake up the wife. Comfort would be first before sound in this situation. I see that seens.. have a pair for $99 that look comfy. ANyone have suggestions that can help me out... thanks.
    Mike

2. MikeHU

MikeHU Stunt Coordinator

I bought the Sennheiser RS-85 and have been very happy with them I'll try to include a link. I also pasted my review of these, that appears on Amazon. Seems like people either loved them or hated them. I think they work great for what they are - a convenience item, not a studio accessory. Good luck.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

26 of 29 people found the following review helpful:

setting the record straight, December 10, 2002
    Reviewer: An electronics fan

I wanted wireless headphones to listen to movies and play PS2 games when the kids went to bed. Let me set the record straight. These things work great. I was hesitent because of all the bad reviews. I ordered anyway. Boy was I glad I did. They work all throughout my house (3 diff. levels). Best performance is in the TV room, but they still allow roamimg to different rooms while listening to a movie. Sound quality and volume are both very good. They are plastic, but what isn't these days. With a little care they should last a long time. I use them w/ a 2.8ghz wireless PS2 controller, and have 3 900 mhz
    phones, as well as a 2.8ghz phone. I have no interference whatsoever. I have an home theater system that is better, but these allow me to crank-up the volume when the kids are sleeping.
    They are pricier then some, but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for (normally). The instructions were sparse, but still easy to plug in and use without any problems. I have never tried any other wireless headphones, but do give these high marks. By the way, I am typing this with a wireless keyboard/mouse. I have no interest in this company, but am finally getting sick of reading horrible reviews on products that do not deserve it.

3. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

My wife is looking for some for when she works out and watches tv this way the tv doesn't need to be cranked up to hear it.
    I was looking at Sennheiser RS-65 as they are a lot cheaper.
    I think my father has a pair of these and he said he like them. Acoustic Research 900MHz Wireless Stereo Headphones

4. Brian Elwood

Brian Elwood Stunt Coordinator

Interesting - I'll have to look into them - my CAT loves the cable that runs across for floor.

5. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I ordered a pair of Senns from Amazon yesterday... Thanks ya all.