What's new

Wireless headphones with home theater (1 Viewer)

MaxMoto

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I am trying to get wireless headphones to work in my ht system. Have Vizio P tv with Onkyo 676 AVR. All inputs go in to receiver with hdmi out from receiver in to arc on TV. I have non Bluetooth headphones connected via tv out optical to headphone transmitter (I have tried the analog output as well). They work when receiver is off (pass thru) but once receiver is turned on they quit working. I have tried turning tv speakers on off and auto as well with every possibility of arc and CEC I can think of on both avr and tv. Can’t go to Bluetooth as I am trying to get these to work for hardof hearing spouse which will eventually turn in to sound in to hearing aid. Also don’t want to use zone two as it only outputs analog Thanks in advance.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Since all inputs are going to the Onkyo, I’d suggest just using its Zone 2 output to get a signal to the headphone transmitter.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

jagman653

Grip
Real Name
Ed Sowell
Wayne, I'll bet this would also work for my wireless headphones so I could use them while wife hears the speakers. Right?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Depends on your receiver. If all your source components connect via HDMI, and your receiver will convert that to analog for the Zone 2 outputs, it will work.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks