What's new

Wireless connection from PC to receiver? (1 Viewer)

bob3

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
Hi, I recently set up my Onkyo TX-NR414 receiver. I also bought the Onkyo UFW-1 wireless adapter. I connected the wireless adapter to my home wireless network. My primary PC is a laptop. Can I send content from from my PC to the receiver over my wireless network? For example, play iTunes, Pandora, etc. without making the HDMI connection? I know I can play Pandora using the internet radio, but I would prefer to control the playlist on my PC rather than checking on the receiver if I want to change something. Thank you.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
My 414 is still in the box. My black Friday gift to myself, and I haven't had time to do anything with it. :) From what I've read on line, I don't think you can stream from your PC. (My Samsung Blu Ray player does this via its AllShare software.) However, if you have an Android phone or Kindle Fire, the Onkyo app will let you stream any music stored on the device to the receiver. (Not an option for iPad or iPhone.) Regards, Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks