What's new

wireless catv extender ? (1 Viewer)

Can Anyone tell me if there is a device on the market to extend an catv connection over a wireless device ?

I am putting a t.v. where it would be very difficult to run a coax cable. There is a catv outlet on the other side of the room.

Is there a transmitter and receiver that I can connect that would get the full signal over to the cabinet where the cable box will be ?

Thanks,
Rick

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Rick.

Sorry. I dont think you can do this.

Your CATV coax contains TV signals from 2-100+, not to mention broadband internet. The TV signals are encoded in Radio Frequencies. The goal of your VCR or TV is to 'tune' out 1 channel from the mess to broadcast.

In theory - you could feed the CATV coax into an antenna, then use an antenna on your TV to recieve the signal. But now - you are in violation of FCC regulations because you did not report the broadcast and dont follow the rules to make sure your antenna does not interfear with everyone else in the neighberhood.

You CAN - put a VCR on the CATV cable. Then buy the Wireless transmitter for about $99 that sends Audio and Video (1 channel) to another room. Use this to go across the room.

But that is a lot of work/expense to save running a coax around the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks