What's new

wireless audio / pc to receiver (1 Viewer)

bbxrider

Auditioning
Real Name
robert
ready to go wireless from my pc to my receiver
i've checked ads and specs for x.x gigahertz devices like lola x-10 and logitech VS wireless lan from linksys wireless music bridge.
i alrady have a wireless router so thats not an issue.
i v'e read someplace that digital signals are better than analog for the
wireless. i'm not sure which are which with these devices.
any opinions or experience shared with this would be helpful
thanks bob

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Have you considered something that will do video too? Here are two examples:
D-Link DSM-750 Wireless N HD Media Center Extender
Apple - Apple TV

If you don't care about video, then just those products you mentioned should be fine. Music will probably do fine on the 802.11b wireless standard, although you may here a few hiccups depending on how far away from the router you are. You would probably be better off going to 802.11g or 802.11-PreN if you don't have one of those already.

All wireless signals being generated by computers (e.g. anything coming through your wireless router) are digital.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
How about the Squeezebox? I've heard great things about this device. I don't own one, but am considering one. I believe it requires at least 802.11g.

Edit: I'm not sure, but I think the Squeezebox does not do video.

bbxrider

Auditioning
Real Name
robert
just looked at squeezebox, evidently its a high quality player/transceiver, the 24bit burr-brown. and it can play internet radio with the pc off which has merits.
but for the price diff 300 vs 65 for the linksys, i will probably go with the linksys or similar. my pc is always on anyway. probably if i step up to this quality and price range, i would look for a combo audio and video

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Yeah. The Squeezebox is pretty pricey, but I've heard great things about it. It is supposed to be easy to set up, and will play most all file types including FLAC. I'd forgotten about internet radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks