What's new

Wireless access point for XBL (1 Viewer)

DavidAM

Second Unit
For you guys that are using a wireless network to run your xbox on XBL, what product/access point did you use? I'm searching the different major brands and most of them are USB Access Points, but as you know, we need an RJ-45 adapter to hook to the xbox. Does anyone have a list of RJ-45 wireless access points or suggest a good one?

DavidAM

Second Unit
Thanks, I'll check that one out. I already have an SMC wireless router that xbox lists as being compatible, I just haven't purchased a wireless antenna to hook to the xbox itself.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
David, does your router have any hard-wired ports? I am using my D-Link 614+ to share my cable modem access with my laptop and my XBox. In this case, I decided to place my wireless router right next to my XBox and use one of the hard-wired ports for it. Since my laptop connects wirelessly, I didn't need to locate the router next to it on my desk... depending on your configuration, this setup might work for you as well.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Microsoft will soon release a wireless access point under the Xbox brand. Despite their withdrawal from the networking hardware market early this year this effort seems to be targeted toward gamers rather than computer users.

DavidAM

Second Unit
I have 4 ports plus wireless connections, but the router is in my office hooked to 2 computers and have my laptop on the wireless connection, so I can't put it next to my xbox. Nice idea though

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
HUZZAH!

I have a wireless network at home, but I have yet to get my 'box online as the wireless bridge was a rather expensive bit o' hardware here.

This new WGA11B though... AWESOME! YAY!!!!! Gotta price 'em out now! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks