Wireless 5.1 Speakers...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DeathStar1, Apr 10, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

This time in the right forum [​IMG]

Can anyone recomend any good wireless 5.1 Audio speakers that deliver a loud, clear sound? I was looking at a THX set that apparently wasn't wireless, but if they make one, any link is appreciated..

Thanks

2. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

I haven't seen any wireless speakers that I would want to own/listen to but there are some options in wireless amps that might work for you. Just realize that wireless in the audio world is not truly without wires [​IMG] Also, any wireless equipment is subject to interference from other devices sharing those frequencies, the wireless amp I have is a 2.4g model (I think most are 2.4) and many other devices like cordless phones and wifi equipment are also 2.4. So what I'm really saying is that if you CAN run wires somehow then it's the best solution and wireless should be considered a last resort solution. In my situation wiring the front and center speakers was doable but I had no way to get the wires across the room to the rears (no attic access, wood floors, on access under the floors, etc) so I used a 2 ch wireless amp until I got an area rug to run hard lines under it using flat speaker cable.

The Radio Shack amp is 25x2 and cost about $100. Kenwood makes a better 50x2 and it's about double the price. Now you do need to wire from the amps to the speakers and plug the amp into power, you must also plug in the transmitter to power and to the recvr. So you end up with more wires then a traditional wired setup (one extra preamp or speaker cable and two extra power cables over just wiring to a traditional recvr).