wireles headphones

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by arkadiy, May 10, 2004.

1. arkadiy

arkadiy Auditioning

hey
    can anyone suggest good wireless headphones for my HT system?
    i have an onkyo receiver and would like to connect the wireless base to the receiver digitally....
    my budget is around $100 i guess but if its really worth it ill be willing to spend more for a good pair

thanks

2. DaveDickey

DaveDickey Stunt Coordinator

Senneheiser makes good wireless headphones. I have model RS65, which includes some type of simulated surround sound feature. I never use the surround sound because it just doesn't sound authentic (ie. like Dolby Digital etc.). In normal stereo mode the phones sound very good though. The base is adequate and the mids and highs are very good. It comes with two battery packs...one charges in the base while you use the other. A battery lasts about 3 hours on a charge, so it is nice to have two. The model below the RS65 has the same features without the simulated surround mode. I think it costs less as well. The RS65 is about $160 - 180. Hope that helps.

3. Greg.G

Greg.G Stunt Coordinator

Any other recommendations for under $100?

Sony has a wide range - anyone experienced with these?

I keep see Sony and Sennheiser on ecost.com for low $$$, but am wondering if the refurbished were all returns from unhappy customers.