What's new

Wire Speaker as Front (B Channel) and (Rear Speaker A Channel) but not at same time (1 Viewer)

RalphHartman

Auditioning
Real Name
Ralph Hartman
I have four Yamaha NS-IW280 speakers in living room and Kitchen. The kitchen speakers are situated to the rear of the couch. 90% of the time these will be used to just play music (so my wife can listen to them while in the kitchen) and therefore I want them to play in stereo (as apposed to no music) and don't want them acting as rear surround sound.

My receiver has a A/B switch and if both are chosen it automatically turns off the 5.1 surround and goes into bypass (Front channel only) for both A/B. Can I wire the kitchen speakers to the A Rear Channel and also to the B Front Channel since the receiver should not ever send sound to both A Rear and B Front at the same time?

My ultimate goal is to be able to listen to music off the front and rear speakers (cover more of the house) and be able to use the rear speakers for surround when watching movies. is this possible which blowing my amp? Thank you to anyone in advance for the assistance.

Speakers: Yamaha NS-IW280

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SV414PRO Receiver Amplifier Tuner (Manual Below)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...jAI5RxBalO4Uy0efw&sig2=sPTEifSac0Fh1jweiMfhFQ
Setup.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks