Wire Management (holders)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Clemmons, Feb 21, 2003.

1. David Clemmons

David Clemmons Auditioning

I am looking for a wire holder similar to:
    [​IMG]

My entertainment center has compartments for my components, but does not have backing, so the wires are exposed. I want to put these holders along the back to channel the cables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

2. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Well here's a product that is used specifically for Network (Cat5) racks, but it would be very suitable for your requirements. It is plastic, however:

http://www.levitonvoicedata.com/cabl...lversiduct.asp

There are many companies that make this kind of product, search for 'Cable Management'.

FYI a 1U rackspace would be 1.75 inches.

3. Bob Hill

Bob Hill Stunt Coordinator

You also might want to look under the name Panduit.

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

My local hardware store has a rack of nylon cable guides. Some have an adhesive back, others have screw holes. The loop opens up, but closes back on itself with a ratchet-type closure. They are made in 1/4 to 2" loops.

Strong advice:

- Put your receiver/amp on the bottom shelf. This lets the heavy speaker wires flow out with minimal drop and keeps them away from the interconnects. It also prevents you having to fight through the speaker wires while hooking up other things. (You wont even need to put the wires in a guide.)

- Pull all your power cords to one side. (pick a side, any side). You can run them through loops or simply use coil-wrap/velcro to bundle them. They are usually heavy enough that you dont need loops/raceways to keep them in place.

- Let the interconnects flow down the middle or pull them to the side opposite the power cords.

This keeps the 3 types of wires that should be separated apart.

You can find both plastic spiral wrap and velcro ties at Radio Shack.

Good Luck.