What's new

Wire alumni (1 Viewer)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i've been noticing a lot of actors who appeared on the Wire popping up on network tv over the past few weeks. guess the fine work in that series caught the eye of a few casting directors in town.

from what i recall(character names to make things easier)

omar and vondas on alias

ziggy on csi

lt. daniels on csi miami

prez on law and order

anyone i missed?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I noticed a lot of alum appearances on the Law and Order versions in the past year or so.
Orig - Original
SVU - Special Victims Unit
CI - Criminal Intent
TbJ - Trial by Jury

Tommy Carcetti - TbJ
Lester Freamon - TbJ
Bunk Moreland - Orig.
Lt. Daniels - Orig., SVU, CI, TbJ
Bubbles - Orig., SVU, CI, TbJ
Roland Pryzbylewski - CI, TbJ, Orig.
Det. Carver - TbJ [series regular]
Sgt. Landsman - TbJ
Omar - SVU, TbJ
Det. Herk - TbJ, CI
Frank Sabotka - Orig, SVU

Also, Cutty appeared on Numbers last week.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The L&O franchise is like a financial assistance program for East Coast theater actors, and a lot of The Wire's cast came from the theater.

M.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

I guess that would be the case with "Oz" as well. Quite a few cast regulars have appeared on L&O.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
that's right, i saw cutty on Numbers. he was also on the L&O episode where greene went undercover to buy guns. and bubbles too in a small part, but can't remember what show. maybe L&O, maybe The Shield?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Absolutely. A few years ago, I remember attending an off-B'way play written by Austin Pendleton (William Giles), starring George Morfogen (Rebadow) and attended, on the night I was there, by a number of other people from the cast (none of the major characters, but recognizable faces from the regular population of Em City).

Oz, like the L&O series, was filmed in NYC, and both production companies make good use of the local supply of seasoned character actors whose faces won't be familiar to most of the TV audience.

M.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Quite a few people form the Wire were on OZ 1st:

LT Daniels, Herk, Carver, Rebadow's Cell mate (the one who dug the tunnel) was the FBI agent who had ties to "The Greek", to name a few.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
TV Guide recently reported that Dominic West is so busy with other projects that he only has a short time in which to shoot scenes for season 4 of The Wire. Because of that (and also because of the way the stories have developed), the McNulty character will play a smaller role in season 4.

M.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
That's too bad. The whole 1st season was based around him as well as most of the other seasons. He is a MAJOR player in that show.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The actor who played Stringer Bell recently starred in the HBO movie 'Sometime in April' which dealt with the genocide in Rwanda.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks