WinXP, Radeon 7200 and DVD playback

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mahendra, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Mahendra

Mahendra Auditioning

Hi,

I am having problems getting my computer to play DVDs, even though I believe I have all the components: Intel P4 PC running XP, with Philips DVd drive, ATI Radeon 7200 AGP card, Santa cruz sound card and the ATI DVD player. When I start the player, it tells me that: Video overlay is not supported, Sound card is being used by another app, or not enough video memory? Has any one ever come across this?

I bought the OEM video card from newegg and they sent me an International Install CD, so I went to the ATI site to get all the latest appropiate drivers for the card for XP. I am still not able to install the newer DVD player because it wants a serial number that begins with 180-... and the CD I have from newegg has a totally different number so it does not work - what gives?

If anyone has seen or are familiar with these issues, any help you can provide will be VERY appreciated!

2. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Hi,
    sounds like you are using the default WindowsXP drivers for your radeon, which don't have full overlay support (which the DVD player uses). Try the latest 6052 drivers from www.rage3d.com and see if they help