Winter Jampack 2001

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Jolley, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I just got this a few days ago and thought I would comment:

First of all, its good that its only worth $8. The demos are pretty good, but they aren't of the games I want to play. No Tony Hawk 3 demo, only a video, which made me a little upset.

But, just like with the Summer Jampack, there is one game demo that makes the whole thing worth more than $8 (in the summer it was ICO, in the winter, its...) Final Fantasy X! This demo was actually REALLY good. The voice acting is well acted and well done overall, plus the graphics are great and the game was pretty cool. If only I could have actually PLAYED some of it, seeing as how its mostly tutorial type stuff and a few cinemas (gorgeous FMV intro to the Zanarkand demo). What is probably the coolest part of the demo was being able to see a few of the big battle aspects of the game, such as Overdrives, Overkills, and Aeons. Overall, great demo.

Some other demos are included, like Jak and Daxter, SSX Tricky, and a few others, but only one or two are actually worth playing. The Summer Jampack has better demos, but FFX makes this demo disc worth it alone, IMHO.

Has anyone else played this? What do you think.

2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

Is this the same demo that was sent out through PS Underground? It also has a FFX demo and after playing that I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

3. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

The underground disk is a little different...namely the inclusion of a playable Jack & Daxter..plus a few other additions.

Randy

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

This demo has Jak and Daxter in it, too, along with some behind the scenes videos, some tips, and some other stuff.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Playable Demos Listed:
    Underground Freebie:
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Kinetica
    • Extermination
    • Soul Reaver 2
    • Jak and Daxter
    Winter Jampack:
    • Kinetica
    • Drakan
    • Extermination
    • SSX Tricky
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Dynasty Warriors 3
    -Dave

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Actually, you're right, J&D isn't playable. My bad.