Winston Churchill's Foul Mouthed Parrot

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by CharlesD, Jan 19, 2004.

1. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Winston Churchill had a parrot that he taught say things along the lines of "F**ck Hitler". The amazing thing is that, apparently, this bird is still alive!

Churchill's Parrot

2. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

It's really not that amazing it's still alive. Some species can live 90-100 years.

3. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

That is too funny!

4. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

She's 104 years old! [​IMG] Suddenly, I'm kinda glad I didn't get the parrot I was thinking about last year! WOW.

5. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I am so proud to say he is my cousin. I guess I get my potty mouth from him....Thank Fucking God!

6. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

You're related to a parrot? I thought that was biologically impossible! *scratch head*

[​IMG]

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

wow 104, I didn't think they usually lived that long in captivity [​IMG]

I saw the coolest bird EVAR in minneapolis, it was a green macaw er something, I kept trying to get him to talk and he wouldn't, but he did this cool dance for me all the time, then when we walked away he went "squak FUCK OFF" [​IMG]
    if I had 1300 bucks I would have bought him on the spot.

8. Jeff Perry

Jeff Perry Stunt Coordinator

Parrots will live nearly forever in captivity if well cared for. My father has one that my mother hates, so when he dies I'm supposed to take it in. I expect to pass the thing down to my grandchildren some day assuming I can handle having it around.

Incidentally they also have the vocabulary & intelligence of your average 2 year old child. They're like toddlers that repeat everything you say, never grow up, never die, and love to crap while in flight over your carpet.

Wonderful animals. Really.

9. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

10. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

to be honest they kind of creep me out, that beak could take a finger in a heartbeat.
    I worked with a guy into birds and he brought one of his little friends to work (cockatoo? I think, big white thing) it would sit on his coatrack all day and just hang out, one time my coworker snuck off to the bathroom and the bird didn't see him go, when it woke up and he wasn't around it stated screaming JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF, which was kind of strange because the bird sounded just about like him...