Winstar a.k.a. Fox-Lorber sold

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Todorov, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Just what we need, another name change... [​IMG]
    Jason

3. Scott Calvert

Scott Calvert Supporting Actor

There's nowhere to go but up.

4. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

More info from DotComScoop

5. Dave Barth

Dave Barth Stunt Coordinator

If anyone knows of an address I could write to this investment consortium to - do you think it would get to them if I sent it to Winstar? what's their address - I'd love to pen them a letter BEGGING them to put out better quality releases. I've lost count of how many releases I haven't bought because they've been crappily transfered Winstar releases.
    Ran might be a good place to start to fix the damage, given its recent restoration, the R1 audience for Kurosawa films, and the terrible transfer on the original release.

6. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

OH, I sure hope that the new owners turn out some better DVD production then what we have scene from them. I have a number of titles on my wish list, but have been reluctant to puchase because of non-OAR, and poor transfers.

PLEASE PLEASE Give us good work, or sell the rights to criterion, or maybe the "new" guys on the block Plexifilm. SOmeone who will do Honor to the releases. Hmm... when I win multiple lotteries.