What's new

Winning the WAF...Maybe (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Yup. You've worked hard, listened to Oprah, went curtain shopping, and finally bought that house. You know, the house where you're going to put your home theater in. The o/h wanted this, that, the other thing. You said sure, because in the back of your mind, that's where those new speakers that you've been researching for years are going.

Even though you're the man of the house, you dust, mop, do windows while working on the cars, doing the lawn, shovelling the snow and maybe chopping some wood. It doesn't even bother you that at dinner, you never get the big piece of chicken. Because you know, there's going to be one place where you'll be king of your castle -- the Home Theater room. Sure 'nuff, that's where those pair of subs are going to go soon as you buy them. You're just dying to cause seismic quakes in the neighborhood.

Then a sudden thing happens. You tell the o/h about the plasma or projector, two SVS subs (top of the line of course), and some killer speakers. Proudly you show what you've printed or obtained. And then it happens...Ummmm, honey, those are just too big and they'll take away from the decor and the je ne sais quoi of the room. You try to convince her by taking her to see the speakers. She listens, but you know it's not going to fly. Nope. She says, god they're huge, and so ugly! Yesiree my good fellow. While you were out mowing the lawn, working your ass off, the o/h was inside marking every room in the house like a wolf marks its territory. You're up the creek without a paddle. Hell, there's no way you're going to get what you want and horrors of horrors, she mentions Bose.

All is not lost though. Nope. It's not enough to think you're king of your castle. You need an edge. Well thanks to our friends in Scotland, for under $60, you can be royalty and have papers to prove it. Just click here and when the o/h tells you again those speakers aren't going in that room, you can whip out the documents that you, Mr. HTF member, are royalty and demand that you be treated as such. Now you'll have that system and that big piece of chicken.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
When I told my fianceé I really wanted a projector-based dedicated theater room in our home, and not just a standard TV in the family room, she actually said "OF COURSE!" Aaaaaand... She's letting me choose the equipment myself, but she's very much involved in the decor side of it. So not only will we have a dedicated theater, we'll have a tasteful and well-designed one. Nope, she doesn't have any sisters, sorry ;)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Got an unfinished room where you can build the speakers into the walls? Or can you paint the cabinets to match the room? You can still work around this and survive it, you know.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Speaker in the walls??? Anathema!!

Here's how you negotiate:

"Honey those are the speakers we are getting or you need to give your parents a call and arrange to move back in with them."

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I was just having a lil' bit of fun. Lord Chu does have an interesting ring to it though :D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
That's pretty sweet Chu. But the wife is always craftier, she'll likely tell you you can put any home theater you want on your scottish land! Bust out the 1'x 1' home theater of your dreams on the highlands :D

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Lord Chu,

o/h ???

Please forgive my stupidity. Im assuming you mean the wife but o/h?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

My wife would like us to have a seperate HT room. We were going to convert the garage when we moved in. But now we are poor. And will still be poor for a while.

But she was in such projector withdrawal that she was really happy when I got it mounted. She was sitting around watching DVDs on her portable 7" DVD player until the pj went back up. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks