winning eleven 7

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RossTerry, Feb 17, 2004.

1. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

anyone a fan?

2. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

here's one. I'll probably pick it up early March. Should be one of the best games released this year.

3. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

Count me in. WE6 was incredible, way better than FIFA, and Ive heard that they made improvements. Didn't it come out yesterday?

4. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

yes i think it was released. i havent had a chance to pick it up.

5. James_tango

James_tango Stunt Coordinator

The best soccer game/simulation ever. [​IMG]

6. Marc_Savoie

Marc_Savoie Stunt Coordinator

I'm strongly considering getting this "best soccer game on PS2", but have never played a soccer game before.
    Do you think I might be getting in over my head, or would you say it's a fine purchase that has an easy learning curve, etc?

I've read some read reviews and it sounds fun (to this primarily sports-oriented gamer), but was wondering if there might be some personal insights here.
    Thanks!

7. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

I would buy the game if it had a widescreen mode. Does it?

8. Bob East

Bob East Agent

It's not widescreen but it looks good stretched-my friend and I play it on the full setting on his Sony 34xbr910 and it looks and plays fine. The game is terrific but also frustrating at first because it does have a steep learning curve as many reviews point out. It's tough to learn how to shoot-the height of the shot is determined by how long you hold down the square button. However, the shot meter goes up so fast that you have to just tap it quickly or the ball will sail over the net. That's tough to do when you're rushing the net and thinking about the many different combination of buttons you can use to pass the ball etc. It's worth the effort though.

9. ashley c

ashley c Stunt Coordinator

Since this is a simulation game its more for actual soccer fans. Passing, positioning is more complex so it becomes a more enjoyable game if you know what your doing.

I'd consider a more arcade style soccer game if you haven't played any yet, and then upgrade to the Winning Eleven series. Or you could just rent WE6 first.

10. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

How does this compare to Fifa 2004? IMO Fifa 2004 really raised the bar for realism. What kind of tournaments does it feature? And, is it licensed by FIFA?

Chris

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

What do you mean by realism? If you're talking teams, competitions etc, fair enough. But for actual realistic play, the Winning Eleven series blows it away.

12. Marc_Savoie

Marc_Savoie Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for this advice! As there don't really appear to be many (any) good arcade-style soccer games for PS2, perhaps I'll rent WE6 or WE7 first before committing.

13. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor