What's new

WinISD pro 0.50a7 pre-release (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Janne Ahonen
Hi all,
After long painful work, I finally got filter behaviour simulation feature working. It can currently simulate all following filter types:
  • Lowpass and highpass, (Butterworth, Bessel or Linkwitz-Riley). Orders 1 thru 10, except for Linkwitz-Riley, which is always of order 4, regardless of the input field.
  • Allpass filter, first and second order.
  • Linkwitz transform (My favourite!).
  • Parametric eq with specifiable Q, Gain and center frequency.
  • High-Q second order highpass, with specifiable peak magnitude and frequency.
Nice thing about this filter simulation feature is that you can compile any arbitary combination of above, or multiple instances of any filter type (although not all combinations make sense that way). Impact of the filter is shown on magnitude, phase, group delay, SPL and cone excursion graphs.
There are also number of other changes, but there are just too many to include them all here. See versions.txt included in zip-file instead. To test this new pre-release, you'll need 0.50a6 installed already. You can download it from our website, www.linearteam.org. Then, unzip the zip file in top of that installation directory.
Thanks for your time to test this new upcoming release, there might be major new features/changes before "official" release.
And finally, error checking is currently minimal, so use filter feature with caution, it is easy to crash it with bogus parameters.
Download zipped new executable and versions.txt here
With Best Regards,
Janne / Linearteam
Edit: Fixed download file name, perhaps to fix download problem which people have been experiencing.
Edit2: Updated link.

Brian Knauss

Stunt Coordinator
Looks great!
I think WinISD has just made itself the king of box simulators (at least of the free variety ;) )

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i tryed this out and it is good. but i just have a few questons.
in the travel of the sub if you do a mupitil driver setup. y dues it add both drivers movement toghter?
also on air vilosity should you put a good and bad level for a biginer.
and everything is in meters

Real Name
Janne Ahonen
Hi bryan,
It is excursion of each individual driver. I agree on limit line shown in air velocity graphs, I'll add them sometime near future. For the units, you can change units to your favorite one just by clicking on them with left mouse button.
And a important note for all:
I updated executable again, and created a simple web page for downloads and version history (old link is no longer valid):
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jahonen/WinISDpro
I wish to thank all the individuals who have tried this, and hope it will prove useful.
Regards, Janne

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Very useful, thanks!

Question: When I modify the port end correction from "free ends" or "one flanged end" to "two flanged ends", the port length gets shorter...does this include the flanges? Wouldn't the entire length get longer with flanges for a given Fb/Vb?

Real Name
Janne Ahonen
Jack,
Actually, it refers whether the port ends in baffle (flanged) or not (free). See illustration of free and flanged end. It should not be confused with flared port, which is completely different thing. With flared ports, port must be longer than regular port, although difference is usually small anyway, if port is long.
That feature has some problems, as I intended that user could update end correction factor (where it initially says 0.732).
Regards,
Janne

Brian Knauss

Stunt Coordinator
Janne, the one thing that comes to mind that you should add is a wiring option for multiple subs (series, parallel, 2+2, etc). Other than that, I'm extremely happy with the changes :)

Real Name
Janne Ahonen
Brian,
That is good idea. We have given much though about it with Juha, but there is one problem, when number of drivers grows large (add DVC drivers and its diverse variations, and possibilities grow into astronomical proportions !). But, we'll see what we can do.
Thanks, Jack. However, I can't take much credit for the user interface. For that I must thank Juha to create this concept. I am just the engineer :)
Regards,
Janne

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
are you sure about the cone excurison i am playing and re modleing my dual av15 box and everything is the same
i did a 1 driver and a 2 driver in the same box but the 2 driver had dubble the power. and it shows on the 2 driver dubble the cone movement.

Real Name
Janne Ahonen
Bryan,

I afraid that was my bug in closer investigation. I have updated zip file and page again. Feel free to test it again, see if it comes out correct.

Regards,
Janne

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i still think you dont have it yet. i did a 1 and 2 driver in the same tuneing and the 2 driver in a twice the size box and the 2 driver has dubble the power.
in the last verson the conemovement was dubble cantyou just devide the cone movement buy the number of driver.
also should the air speed of a 2 driver be the same as a 2 driver with dubble the ports?
in win isd beta i get a vent mach of .03 for a dula 4 port for 2 drivers
and i get a .06 in isd beta for a single with dual ports.
in the alfa i get just the opsite
for the dual with 4 vents i get 60 and for the single with 2 i get 40 m/s
all vents are 4 in vents.

hope this helps.

Bill Fagal

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, guys, for a great program!

One thing I noticed that may relate to the above:

In a sealed alignment I tried, the cone excursion as a component of Vd didn't seem to match the approximation I've heard for years that 112 dB at 100Hz requires 6 cubic inches of air displacement (one-way). For a given excursion of a diaphragm of given Sd, the SPL seemed about 6 dB low. Or is the excursion window p-p instead of one-way?

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Thanks again for your good work!

Bill

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Good work. Love the filter modeling. WinIsd Pro does not appear to model voicecoil inductance. Is this correct? If not, this would be a great addition to your model.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
just downloaded the new updated program and everything is great exept the port secton no mater what i change it to it dont change. hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks